Per request, I’ve finally gotten around to making my newborn must have list. Before we jump right in, I know blogging has been a little slow here lately but I think we’ve finally gotten a little settled into new parent life & the move & hope to start blogging more again soon.
Without further ado, here you have it!
My Newborn Must Haves:
- Baby monitor with camera. Even though our LO isn’t sleeping in his own room yet, this has came in handy for nap times. The one we purchased, Snug Baby Monitor, also includes a free app so you can see baby via iPhone or Samsung device. In addition to that, it also detects motion & audio. You can find that here: https://www.amazon.com/Snug-Baby-Monitor-v2-Samsung/dp/B01E8BZH4K/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1499006387&sr=8-1&keywords=snug+cam+baby+monitor
- A STOCKPILE of wipes!!!! I had a surplus put back before Elijah was born & I am soooooo thankful I did because, in just 5 weeks, I cannot believe how many we’ve gone through already!
- Butt paste. Yep, butt paste 😀 This stuff will save your life & works a million times better than A&D, or Destin (in our opinion anyway) https://www.amazon.com/Boudreauxs-Butt-Paste-Ointment-Strength/dp/B00569GU18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499006649&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=butt+paste&psc=1
- If you have a son & opted to have a circumcision, Vasoline. We found the one in the squeeze tube handy.
- My Little Lamb vibrating seat. We were lucky enough to get a bunch of hand-me-downs from my sister & this was one of them. It’s the only thing we could sit little man in those first few weeks. https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-Lamb-Infant-Seat/dp/B001GQ2RUS/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1499006759&sr=8-1&keywords=my+little+lamb+seat+fisher+price
- Baby swing. I’d been told by several parents this was a must have for them & I can definitely see why! It’s a great nap tool & seems to entertain Elijah while I get my pump on 😀 We went with a cheaper one since my sister already had one for him to use & got the Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing. It seems to work well & the only criticism I have is that the mobile doesn’t move /: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PTL15D6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Wubanubs. Not only are these things adorable, they’re also very helpful in helping baby not lose pacis. Eli also likes to cuddle his. Here is one of the ones we have: https://www.amazon.com/WubbaNub-25581-Infant-Pacifier-Giraffe/dp/B003CK3LDI/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1499007081&sr=1-2&keywords=wubanubs He also has a bull that seems to be his favorite 🙂
- LOTS of onesies!!!! Because s*!* happens, as does vomit & pee 😀
- ALL THE RECEIVING BLANKETS, ALL OF THEM!!!!!!! You can literally never have enough, because, read the above again
- Baby gowns. I found incredibly helpful for nighttime changing since all you have to do is pull up the gown & avoid dealing with pulling baby’s legs out of bottoms & then putting said bottoms back on again
- Baby Wrap. I bought two of these, the Baby K’Tan & Solly Wrap. While I haven’t had the opportunity to use the Solly yet, I can say the Baby K’Tan is very easy to figure out (much more so than the Solly was for me-which is one reason I haven’t used it yet). https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Ktan-Original-Carrier-Black/dp/B000UYFULU/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1499007394&sr=1-1&keywords=baby+k%27tan+wrap http://sollybaby.com
- Dockatot. We bought this for its, “womb like design,” that helps baby sleep easier & makes them feel safe. It has worked well for our guy & the fact that you can easily carry it & transport it when sleeping away for home is also so handy. We went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/DockATot-Deluxe-Dock-Silver-Lining/dp/B06XH2QHR6/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1499007484&sr=1-3&keywords=dockatot
- A rocking chair
- Lamp/nightlight for nursery. While I’d originally gotten one for decor more than anything else, I was so happy I did when we started using it every night. It was a much better solution than turning on the bright overhead light that stirred baby up.
- Blackout Curtains. I used the design your own tool feature from Carosel Designs &, for any curtains you purchase through them, for a little extra, your curtains can be upgraded to blackout option. This helps for naps & nighttime in maintaining a dark environment
- If you’re breastfeeding: a breast pump, lanolin nipple cream, hands free pumping bra, breastfeeding friendly bottles, bottle brush, & nursing pads. We use Medela for all except the bottles, we decided to go with Avent & LO doesn’t seem to have an issue in transitioning between breast & bottle
- I would also venture to say a dishwasher is on my list of newborn must haves because of all the bottles &, if you’re breastfeeding, the pump parts, gone through in a given day
- Diaper Bag. I LOVE the gigantic Skip Hop one I got from Babies R US. It has two huge compartments for baby, with two inner pockets for diapers & creams, a changing table cover that slides in the backside of the bag, & also includes one smaller compartment for mom that has a cell phone & sun glasses holder (ikr?!?!). While I wish it had a strap that came with it instead of just the handles, I have been very happy with it & love that it’s so fashionable
- Stroller/car seat combo. I personally wanted a jogging stroller & love the one we got from Target: https://www.target.com/p/graco-174-fastaction-jogger-click-connect-xt-travel-system-coconut/-/A-16443578?regMode=REGST®istryId=42bce21a2b584d4098971c1be2f5aa3d®istryType=baby&itemLineNum=68&backLinkName=my%20registry&backLinkUrl=%2Fgift-registry%2Fmyitems%3FregistryId%3D42bce21a2b584d4098971c1be2f5aa3d%26registryType%3DBABY%26lnk%3Dacct_nav_registry&pageFrom=myitems
- Window shade for baby (to use in car)
- Mirror that attaches to the back of the headrest so you can see baby while driving
So, there you have it, those are my newborn must haves! I hope you found this list helpful 🙂
I hope everyone has a great 4th of July, thank you for continuing to follow along with us!!!