I’m a therapy pusher.
Hey, it’s better than a drug pusher, right??
I think it’s 1 of the best things we can do for ourselves & something I believe everyone should invest in.
As the New Year approaches, I’ve been reflecting on my hopes for that time & also on all I’ve accomplished in this chapter of the journey.
Here’s what I’ve come to accept in a year’s time:
- We cannot control other people, we can only control how we react to them. Some people aren’t going to respect your boundaries. They are not going to respect you. Respect yourself and take control of how you react to them & take your power back.
- If you want something to change, change it (when you can). Take ownership of your life.
- “You cannot save people, you can only love them &, sometimes, that’s enough.” -Perks Of Being A Wallflower
- Love is real & they really didn’t, “break the mold,” when they made papaw-despite what he told me when I’d say I wanted a man just like him..my husband has shown me that.
- You are the only one that is going to take care of you. Do it. Stop relying on someone else to do that because nobody else can.
- Take care of yourself. Did you hear me? Think about how you can take care of you & then actually do it. More of my self-care banter, thank social work.
- You cannot make anyone else see your value. See it for yourself.
- You also can’t make anyone else love you…..love yourself, babe.
- Material things are useless. Make memories instead.
- Hurting people hurt people. If someone has a problem with you for some unknown reason, chances are, they really have a problem with themselves. Try not to take their hate personally.
- Forgive for YOU, not for them. Hatred weighs more than you will know & isn’t hurting them at all.
- Some people will never be sorry & that’s okay…they are at a different place than you are along their journey. They may get there & they may not..this is no reflection of you.
- Be firm in the boundaries you set & know who you may need to be more guarded with in doing so.
- Appreciate the small things. Go outside. Be with nature & take time to breathe.
Here’s to 2016. May it be a year full of happiness & new memories….& hopefully babies 🙂 ❤