Earlier in the week, I saw a mock post talking about the insane reasoning you MUST be pregnant during the agonizing two week wait in infertility treatment. I giggled….a lot &, every time I’ve thought to myself, “I must be pregnant!” I revisit it.
Without further ado…..for your viewing pleasure…..my logic (or lack thereof) amid the TWW:
- My boobs are sore…OMG, I’m pregnant!!!
- I peed three times over a three hour shopping trip..I must be pregnant! (never mind the fact that I consumed a grande latte, two waters, half a coffee, & a diet coke during this timeframe).
- I’m craving hamburgers…..I must be pregnant! (maybe I just really need a hamburger?)
- I’ve woken up nauseous….I must be pregnant!!!! (The fact that my eating disorder forever damaged my stomach lining is irrelevant here?).
By this point, in my crazed faulty logic, I have browsed board after board on Pinterest searching for ways to announce this newfound bliss to my husband, sister, grandparents, parents, my husband’s parents, best friends, & literally anyone else who will listen to me!!
More, “evidence,” follows:
- My Rottweiler jumped in bed with me this morning to cuddle….OMG, I must be pregnant!!! He never does this!
- I didn’t want my usual grande non fat chi tea latte when starting my day….I must be pregnant!
- Diet coke tasted a little off…..I must be pregnant!! (What if it just wasn’t cold enough? You shut your mouth!!)
- I’m constipated….I must be pregnant! (Thanks, to my lovely 14 year relationship with my eating disorder, this too is just another way of life for me…but this week no, no-this week it must mean something!!!!!)
- I’m fatigued times 10 & could sleep for literal days…..I must be pregnant!!!! (Wasn’t I like this last time at the end of a clomid hangover? Maybeeeee!).
- My gums bled when I flossed…..I must be pregnant!!!!!
- This is my second headache of the week…..I must be pregnant!!!
Are all these, “signs,” & symptoms actually relevant this month, or did I just overanalyze every.single.thing to the point of exhaustion (like I did last month)??? Find out……in just 8 days.